In 2018, the Middleburg Revitalization Committee (MRC) started planning for the Charles Park Timber Frame Pavilion – a pavilion that would serve the community and further enhance the park’s beauty. Brenda Dombrowski, Middleburg Revitalization Committee Treasurer and Project Coordinator for this particular project says, “We are hoping the new pavilion — and the entire Charles Park — will become a focal point for members of our community. We want everyone to have a safe place to visit and enjoy the park.”
Because of the support of many community members and area businesses that made significant monetary donations and/or contributions of products and services, the project is coming to life. On Saturday, May 15, Timberhaven’s employees and several MRC members spent the day constructing the pavilion.
All we can say is WOW! It turned out beautifully.
Charles Park Timber Frame Pavilion Superior Contributions:
- Timberhaven Log & Timber Homes, Middleburg: Design services, pavilion delivery and construction installation services and guidance.
- Timberhaven employee volunteer day for frame erection services . Construction will continue into the following week with Kevin Hoover (Timberhaven’s Technical Expert) to set up and supervise volunteers.
- Mid-State Paving, Middleburg: Excavation (under the road) for electric
- Tom Diehl Excavating, Mifflinburg: Excavation services
- Ron Mowery & Son, Mt. Pleasant Mills: Concrete and masonry products and installation for the block foundation and the floor
- Beavertown Block Company, Middleburg: Block and mesh for the concrete
- API, Middleburg: Rebar and delivery for the flooring
- National Limestone Quarry, Middleburg: 22 ton of stone
- Freedom Light Electric, Port Trevorton: Electric services
- Shaffer Landscaping, Middleburg: Installation of the stone veneer on the pillars
- Pyle Brothers Masonry, Mt. Pleasant Mills: Caps for the piers
- Coles Hardware, Middleburg: $1,000 donation
- Walmart, Selinsgrove: $1,000 donation
- Middleburg Moose, Middleburg: $500 donation
- Middleburg Rentals, donated use of a Telescopic Lift and a Transit to complete set up
- Diane Klinger, MRC Secretary, and Donald Klinger were instrumental in securing and gathering donations.
- Another significant source of funding was driven by the sale of Dinner & Deals cards that many local community members purchased. The majority of card sale transactions occurred at L&L Market, Middleburg.
During the initial conceptual discussion, Dombrowski recalls insisting the structure “popped” and that it “not only looked nice but was made from quality materials that would last.” It was then that Dombrowski reached out to Timberhaven Log & Timber Homes’ Lynda Tompkins, for support. Tompkins and her team designed the spacious 20’x32’ Timber Frame pavilion to feature a heavy timber and rafter roof system with a White Pine tongue & groove ceiling, exposed trusses set on posts supported by stone piers. The pavilion will be situated facing a scenic view of the lake across the way. Tompkins reports, “We are honored to be working with the Revitalization Committee having the opportunity to provide the timber frame pavilion for the community.”
The timber frame pavilion will be available for friends and family to enjoy on a spontaneous basis or for more organized casual events like picnics, birthday parties and more. Community members can reserve the pavilion for an event in summer 2021 and beyond by contacting a member of the Town Council or by calling 570-837-2533. A schedule of reservations will be posted at the pavilion. There will be no fee to reserve the Charles Park Pavilion, but the Council will accept donations for its organized use.
Dombrowski adds, “Whether entertaining the family at the playground, watching a ball game, peacefully absorbing the scenic view of the lake — all are encouraged to enjoy a little R&R under the Town’s new pavilion.”
The committee extends a huge “thank you” to the community and local businesses for their continued and unwavering support. The project could not have been brought to fruition without their support.
For additional photos of this incredible project, click here.
Call us today to get started on your timber frame pavilion!
+1 (570) 765-7293