As its name suggests, a Hybrid Home blends different types of construction methods and finish materials creating a unique architectural style for homeowners who appreciate both simple beauty and dramatic flair. This combination of building techniques and material elements provide homeowners architectural design freedom.
By integrating timber accents into conventional construction systems, we can create the distinct aesthetic feel of a true Timber Frame Home. The result is a Hybrid Home that reflects your unique architectural design expression.
Our log and timber accents are handcrafted from the highest quality materials, including:
- Premium grade, kiln-dried Engineered logs and timbers for structural stability and refined beauty.
- Traditional, kiln-dried logs and timbers for those seeking more ‘rustic’ charm.
The timber accents are pre-cut to simulate traditional handcrafted timber frame, pegged joinery or for utilization with steel gusset plates. The pre-cut style is determined based on each homeowner’s personal preference.
We want each home to be a complete reflection of our customer’s vision and lifestyle. As such, Timberhaven Log & Timber Homes offers a variety of Hybrid Home standard plans as well as the custom design services to support each homeowner’s specific design criteria.
Quality | Completeness | Flexibility | Experience | Warranty
Timberhaven Log & Timber Homes is America’s premier manufacturer for Log, Timber Frame and Hybrid Homes, located in Middleburg, Pennsylvania. We specialize in kiln-dried premium-grade Engineered Logs and Timbers. We focus on working closely with our customers to provide a complete solution to their custom home dreams. We take great pride in our products and services and offer only the best in:
- Kiln-Dried Engineered or Traditional Solid Timbers
- Most complete Timber Frame and Hybrid Home packages in the industry
- The industry’s Best Quality Assurance Programs:
- “Complete” Package Guarantee
- Lifetime Warranty
- Precision pre-cut, pre-sorted and inversely stacked timbers
- Name-brand package components like Andersen windows and Therma-Tru doors
- Free custom-design consultation and technical assistance
- Dozens of styles, trusses and bent options
- Professional sales network across the country
True perfection doesn’t come through machines but through time-tested skill and precision of craftsmanship. Our specialized tradesmen have honed their skills over decades in the Log and Timber Home industry. With over 29 years of industry experience per employee, you can count on our team’s expertise. This is not their first home, and it will not be their last. That’s why, Your Dream. . . Our Passion is not just our tagline. It is the foundation for how we do business. Any Log, Timber Frame and Hybrid Home manufacturer can tell you they’re the best; but will they stand behind their word? We will.
Cozy with a bit of rugged charm, the Craftsman is perfect as a getaway retreat or for those looking to reduce their footprint.
Total: 1,473 sq. ft.
Incorporating elements of old world charm, the Heritage model boasts a clean, open floor plan design while retaining a cozy feel.
Total: 2,884 sq. ft.
Its wide open floor plan features a soaring cathedral ceiling in the main living area. The abundance of natural light is perfect if you have property with a view.
Total: 1,974 sq. ft.
A well-oiled machine would not work well if it was not built to exact specifications. In the same way, Timberhaven’s hybrid homes require a lot of specific detail to be sure everything fits perfectly during construction.
No amount of planning and design can take the place of dedication in the workshop, shaping your hybrid home into a piece of architectural beauty.
Our specialized timber crafters have perfected their skills over decades in the log and timber frame home industry. This is not their first home, and it will not be their last.
There is no way that you can substitute the experience or replace the expertise of our timber frame home builders.
Just like a potter who molds a fine vase, our timber crafters deliberately shape your timber frame home as only someone with a lifetime of knowledge and dedicated experience can do.
The Timberhaven staff has the knowledge and experience to meet our customers’ varied needs. Our methods and techniques have been proven time and time again to a solid advantage in the custom home industry.
Service You Can Count On
Timberhaven Log & Timber Homes has a reputation for providing incredible service and support – before, during and after your hybrid home is built.
- Technical assistance is just a toll-free phone call away
- Detailed drawings to assist builders and do-it-yourselfers alike
- Precut hybrid home packages that take the guess-work out of the cutting in the field by doing it in our factory to exacting tolerances
- Presorted labeled timbers that correspond to detailed construction plans, that saves time on the job site
At Timberhaven Log & Timber Homes, we understand the importance of working with a local sales professional who knows your needs better than anyone else. We don’t believe in simply making a sale – we value relationships. Our large network of the industry’s best and most knowledgeable representatives will be there with you every step of the way, from the first steps of planning to the finishing touches of construction.
Engineered Beams & Timbers
Our kiln-dried engineered beams and timbers offer a superior product at a great price. These timbers are created by taking individual boards and laminating them together in a radio frequency dryer to create a complete timber. These timbers are then cut and milled to the specifications for your home. This process results in the most stable, virtually check free, high-grade timber available in the market. We are very proud to offer this high quality and truly unique product.
The benefits include:
- Engineered timbers provide virtually no checking
- Engineered timbers are dryer than a solid timber with an average 9% moisture content
- Engineered timbers have a more refined appearance – accepts stain and preservative the same as the conventional timber and beams
- Engineered timbers are stronger – As a laminated product, the alternating grain of the individual plies provides significant strength and stability to each of the laminated cants, providing stronger and straighter timbers than a solid timber of the same species and dimensions.
- Timberhaven Log & Timber Homes’ engineered timbers are a superior product at a solid timber price!
Kiln-Dried Traditional Timbers
Many manufacturers claim to offer kiln-dried products, but few of them meet the specifications that Timberhaven requires. Our Kiln-Dried Traditional Timbers are required to undergo a closely-monitored drying process during which large amounts of water are removed from the wood. Kiln-drying also sanitizes the timbers by killing off insects and larvae which burrow into the wood. This process minimizes future problems that can arise from timbers slowly drying over time – shrinking, cracking, warping, and twisting – which is important because of the tight specifications to which the home is built.
Seven Steps to Successful Hybrid Home Planning
Every successful project starts with a great plan, and our Timberhaven representatives are here to help you develop the perfect plan of action for your Timber Frame Home or Hybrid Home. Take time to review seven basic steps to help you with your journey.
Material & Package Specifications
Timberhaven Log & Timber Homes offers you a variety of package selections to ensure you can meet your budget and your construction needs. Combine all three packages and you’re automatically assured of getting the most complete hybrid home package available. Be careful when comparing to avoid unpleasant surprises — all hybrid homes are not created equal.