Kiln-Dried Engineered Logs
Our kiln-dried engineered log material starts with pure premium grade Eastern White Pine Logs. The logs are run through the saw mill and cut to yield the best possible face. The lumber is placed into dry kilns. We patiently apply heat to the lumber to dry the boards down to an average of 9% moisture content. Moisture readings are taken several times throughout the process to ensure a uniform dryness. When we have achieved the 9% average, the kiln-dried lumber is removed from the dry kilns.
The kiln-dried lumber is then planed to ensure uniform thickness and to create the best possible gluing surfaces. As the kiln-dried lumber is staged to begin the gluing and hardening process our highly trained and experienced staff again inspects and grades the materials to insure the best possible faces are set to the inside and outside of the finished log.
After the lamination press is complete we take samples from each piece to ensure that it meets or exceeds the strict breaking tolerances set by the industry (performed according to ASTM D905 and AITC T107) which is 1,300 psi. After the timbers have been produced, they head to the profile moulders and then to the cut line.
This process results in the most stable, virtually check free, high grade log available in the market. We are very proud to offer this high quality and truly unique product to the log home and log cabin market.
The Additional Benefits of Kiln-Dried Engineered Logs
- Engineered Logs provide virtually no checking
- Engineered Logs are dryer than a solid log with an average 9% moisture content
- Engineered Logs have a more refined appearance – accepts stain and preservative the same as the conventional log and beams
- Laminated logs are stronger – As an engineered product, the alternating grain of the individual plies provides significant strength and stability to each of the laminated log cants, providing stronger and straighter logs than a solid log of the same species and dimensions.
- Our Engineered Log provides more log profile options
- Timberhaven Log & Timber Homes’ Engineered Logs are a superior product at a solid log price!
But don’t take our word for it. Its best summed up by experienced log home builders . . .
“In my 27 years in the log home industry, I have provided my customers with what I believe is the best product on the market. I recommend everyone look into the engineered log and really see what benefits you receive from this
product.” Greg Parks, Builder, Searsport, Maine
“I’ve been building log homes for more than 30 years and the Timberhaven engineered (laminated) logs and beams are the best I’ve built with. They are straighter, little or no checking, consistent high quality and easy to assemble.” John Comer, DC Quality Construction, Smithton, Pennsylvania
GET A FREE COPY OF OUR BROCHURE!
You can now get a copy of our award-winning, 16-page log home brochure which includes an introduction to Timberhaven’s log homes, our products, package offerings and services. Stunning full-color photography, a sampling of design considerations, and a log home planning checklist are also components of the brochure.
To request a copy of the brochure please go to this page.