Kiln-Dried Engineered Timbers
Our kiln-dried engineered timber material starts with pure premium grade Eastern White Pine Timbers. The timbers are run through the saw mill and cut to yield the best possible face. The lumber is placed into dry kilns. We patiently apply heat to the lumber to dry the boards down to an average of 9% moisture content. Moisture readings are taken several times throughout the process to ensure a uniform dryness. When we have achieved the 9% average, the kiln-dried lumber is removed from the dry kilns.
The kiln-dried lumber is then planed to ensure uniform thickness and to create the best possible gluing surfaces. As the kiln-dried lumber is staged to begin the gluing and hardening process our highly trained and experienced staff again inspects and grades the materials to insure the best possible faces are set to the inside and outside of the finished timber.
After the lamination press is complete we take samples from each piece to ensure that it meets or exceeds the strict breaking tolerances set by the industry (performed according to ASTM D905 and AITC T107) which is 1,300 psi. After the timbers have been produced, they head to the profile moulders and then to the cut line.
This process results in the most stable, virtually check free, high grade timber available in the market.
We are very proud to offer this high quality and truly unique product.
The Additional Benefits of Kiln-Dried Engineered Timbers
- Engineered Timbers provide virtually no checking
- Engineered Timbers are dryer than a traditional solid timber with an average 9% moisture content
- Engineered Timbers have a more refined appearance – accepts stain and preservative the same as the conventional timbers and beams
- Engineered Timbers are stronger – As a laminated product, the alternating grain of the individual plies provides significant strength and stability to each of the laminated timber cants, providing stronger and straighter timbers than a traditional solid timber of the same species and dimensions.
- Our Engineered Timbers provide greater size and length options
- Timberhaven Log & Timber Homes’ Engineered Timbers are a superior product at a traditional solid timber price!
But don’t take our word for it. Its best summed up by experienced log home builders . . .
“In my 27 years in the log home industry, I have provided my customers with what I believe is the best product on the market. I recommend everyone look into the engineered logs (and timbers) and really see what benefits you receive from this
product.” Greg Parks, Builder, Searsport, Maine
“I’ve been building log homes for more than 30 years and the Timberhaven engineered (laminated) logs and beams are the best I’ve built with. They are straighter, little or no checking, consistent high quality and easy to assemble.” John Comer, DC Quality Construction, Smithton, Pennsylvania